Gros Morne National Park, Part II, Norris Point and Green Point

Woke to dreary rainy skies.  Putzed around the RV all morning when it finally decided to break up.  After lunch, we drove down to Norris Point to get some photos of the Tablelands from a distance.  I wrote earlier about my hike through these orange barren mountains being shelved due to pouring rain and I did not have any photos.  We can just see them in the distance, but the afternoon light and cloudy sky does not do justice to the vibrant orange colors.


Artistic Weather Vane


Next, we  drove up to a Geologically significant area called Green Point.  This is another area where the geologists proved the theory of plate tectonics.  There is a ranger led hike here, but not today.  We may return on Monday so we can understand more of what we are seeing.  




A neat sculpture was atop the cliff that amplifies the sound of the sea.


As I walked into the overgrown grassy area to take this photo, I scared this little guy hiding in the grass.

I believe it is a Savannah Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment