Valley of Fire, Nevada

We headed east across through a scenic hills and mountain area of central California.  We stopped again in Bakersfield and Barstow for campgrounds on our way east.  Tough getting campsites on this long weekend - I have never seen so many RVs on the road!

We picked up I-15 in Barstow and headed north, driving through Las Vegas and stopped in Valley of Fire State Park on Nevada's eastern border.  It is red rock country - my favorite.  I hiked a mile out to Fire Wave  - gorgeous striated colored rock.
The "Beehives"













Love the yellow!

Starting on my Fire Wave hike


Popular hike, lots of folks.  Unfortunately, light wasn't right for these confections!









Leaving the park - heading to Mesquite, Nevada for a campsite for the night.  Unfortunately, all sites were taken in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment